You are surely wondering why to open a wallet and why to use Conio? Let's start with the first question. A wallet is a cryptocurrency container like the bitcoin or the tether.
1. Account opening speed: it is possible to do everything via smartphone. The registration process takes a few minutes.
2. It is not necessary to insert a credit card during registration: this is only needed if we want to buy cryptocurrency directly from Conio but it is not mandatory.
3. 0 commissions: Conio does not take any percentage from any transaction to / from the wallet. The only tax is the mining fee, i.e. the reward for the miners who will validate the transaction.
4. Safe: Conio uses a system with 3 signatures, unlike many wallets. In addition, 24/7 assistance is available, ready to block the account in case of loss or theft of the smartphone.
5. Great partnership with Trust Investing: if you use Trust Investing on a pc and Conio on a smartphone, it becomes really easy to buy new packs on Trust Investing, but we will see this in a new tutorial.
1. Slowness in approving and confirming documents. They say two working days but a week has passed for me
2. Minimum purchase amount of cryptocurrency equal to € 100. In my opinion it is a very high price especially for those who want to start with a small amount of cryptocurrency.
3. It does not have Paypal. It is not possible to convert your cryptocurrency into a “classic” account and therefore spend it everywhere.
For this reason I recommend Coinbase (I will soon publish a review about it).
- Document (ID card or driving license or passport)
How to create the account
Download the application from the Play Store or the Apple Store.
Enter your email address and password. I recommend that you use a strong password with letters, numbers and symbols.
Accept the terms of service and confirm the email.
How to confirm your identity
To send / receive money you need to confirm your identity. Click on the Wallet tab at the bottom left and then on complete profile.
Click on upload identity document, put your name and surname and take a photo on the front of the document and one on the back.
Take a nice selfie by centering your face in the silhouette. Here you can see the effects after a year of smart working 🙂
Enter your tax code, residential address and domicile address if different from the first.
If everything went well, you should see a screen similar to this one alongside
As you have seen, opening a wallet with Conio is extremely simple. Once the documents have been sent, simply wait two working days to confirm your identity.